Located in Valley Junction, the West Des Moines Business Incubator has been helping to build small businesses in our community since 2009.
The Incuabator is a 501(c)3 organization incorporated in Iowa with a focus on providing resources and curriculum to grow small businesses.
Visit us in the heart of valley junction:
318 5th St,
West Des Moines, IA 50265
Incubation Program Overview
Our incubation program offers a blend of educational resources, coaching, collaboration opportunities and affordable office space for any early stage business looking to grow.
Build sound entrepreneurial and business skillsets foundational to success
- Self-directed curriculum from internationally recognized providers.
- Regular workshops and educational talks focused on different facets of running a small business.
On-site advisors as well and networking through board members and mentors (mentor program coming 2018)
- Dedicated office hour appointments with expert service providers including lawyers, accountants, marketing and more.
- Ongoing mentorship and accountability partners (coming 2018)
Collaboration & Networking
Interact and network with like-minded peers, sharing ideas, refining plans, helping each other along the way.
- Specially designed spaces to encourage collaboration
- Team building and community events
- Roundtable discussions with fellow incubator participants
- Coworking and access to Gravitate's network as part of Central Iowa's largest coworking community.
Affordable space and amenities to enable early stage businesses to grow.
- Private office and open desk options
- A variety of conference room and meeting space options with A/V capabilities
- High speed internet
- Free parking
- On-site printing capabilities
- Microsoft Office suite.
Meet the staff
Daily management of the West Des Moines Business Incubator is performed by the team at Gravitate, an entrepreneurial support organization and coworking community with locations in Valley Junction and downtown Des Moines.
- Geoff Wood — Gravitate Founder
- Kyle Lewis — Gravitate Valley Junction Community Manager
Contact us at email@example.com.
The Incubator's Board of Directors
- Josef Reed, Board President
- Mike DeKock, Board Treasurer
- Jeff Anderson, Board Secretary & Past President
- Carole Chambers
- Derek Hoy
- MacKenzie Dreeszen
- Margaret A. Hibbs, Legal Counsel
Events at The Incubator
Events are open to all. RSVP requested, not required. Additional details about specific events are available on Facebook.
Expert Advice Lunch Hour — Second Tuesday
Local professionals from around our community offer their perspective on the subject of their expertise.
Open Coffee — Third Thursday
Join us for a minimally-guided conversation about anything rooted in creativity and entrepreneurship. Most conversations dig deep into what it takes to build a strong community, how to help others thrive, and a general tone of what we can do together to keep pushing the needle for the Des Moines-area and all across the state.
Open Coworking — Third Thursday
Calling all freelancers, remote works and entrepreneurs! Sick of working from home? Need some social interaction and maybe a little bit of inspiration?
Grab a seat for our monthly Third Thursday Free Coworking day! We're a community of independent workers who enjoy working around other humans and drinking lots of free coffee. We'd love to work next to you for the day.
Community Happy Hour — Third Thursday
Come have a beer on us! Every Third Thursday is our community happy hour. Check out the space, meet other community members and do a loop around the popular Valley Junction farmer's market, featuring local food, music, and more!
Founder Fireside — Fourth Tuesday
Join us at ourFounder Fireside event where company founders from our region share their stories of building their business, what has gone right—and what has not—along with where they're taking things in the future.